Thursday, 21 June 2018

P3- Interview second draft



We got the chance to interview upcoming Hip Hop artist Luke Beesley, or how most know him, Bumble Beesley.


My First question is what sparked your interest in music?






When I really enjoy something, I want to create it, for example, I like watching films, so I want to make films, so I like listening to music, and that’s why I want to make it.







Was your interest always in this particular genre of music?






When I was younger, around 7 or 8, I used to listen to whatever my mum and dad would listen to, so like soul, disco, RNB, Funk, 70s rock, Jazz, but when I got into Highscool, because I was 12 or 13, I just listened to whatever was popular, I listened to some naughty house bangers, like… (he proceeded to sing some “Naughty house bangers” with a series of “Duns” you know what I’m saying, but then, as I sort of grew out that phase, I got back into the music my mum and dad used to listen to, and from then I moved onto hip hop.






Do you think that lists of genres you gave me; do you think that influences your music today?


Yeah because instrumentally I like to take things from those genres




When did you decide you wanted to rap?






When I was 16






Do you remember the moment?

I was in New York on a school trip, I was in Hollister, and there was this beat playing from the shop speakers, and I started freestyling, and from that moment I just knew, I just kind of evolved it from there
And how did that decision develop into your first single, City Of God?




Well, I was in college, and we just watched the film city of god, great film, and I was bored, so I wrote a 16 for it, and my tutor was like wah, this is fire man, I said Nicewan lid, he said record it, I said potassium.








So since you began making music you have released two mixtapes, a remake of City Of God and around 5 other singles, is it fair to say we can be expecting more music?




Yeah, I’m gonna drop an EP, I’m dropping one, under a different name, which I’m not gonna tell you what it is yet, but I’m gonna drop a mix tape… I’m just gonna keep making music I might drop a song every week I don’t even care anymore.




Well Thank you for your time, is there anything you would like to tell your audience?




Yeah ermmm, I'm not a meme anymore, I'm taking myself more seriously and I hope that people will go through this transition with me.





















































No comments:

Post a Comment